Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Boston Trip Day 4

Are you getting sick of my Boston posts yet?  Yeah me too but I really don't want to forget all of the little moments and amazing trip I had with my parents.  Again if you just want to read about the race you can click Here.

On Sunday I woke up early to go and watch the BAA 5k.  My friend Andrea was racing and I made it just in time to see her at the mile 1 mark.  She did amazing and finished in 17:23!!  There were a lot of very talented runners racing the 5k and it was incredibly exciting to watch.

Some of the men's lead pack racing the 5k.
After the race we shopped around for a bit and then headed to the Boston Red Sox game.  Me and my Dad both really love baseball and were so excited to be watching a game at the famous Fenway Park! 

Me and My Mom in front of Fenway Park.

Dad and Mom in front of Fenway.

Awwww so excited to be inside of Fenway!!!  Dream come true.

My Mom with the green Monster.

Me and the green Monster.

Looking down from the top bleachers.

In front of Fenway!  The fans were so much fun at the game.

The year I was born in 1986 the Red Sox won the World Series.  They had really cool displays from every year that they won the world series.

Red Sox Mascot from the year my Mom was born.


Group picture in front of the park after the game in front of the Ted Williams, Johnny Pesky, Bobby Doerr, and Dom DiMaggio Statue.

My Mom and Dad in front of the Ted Williams Jimmy Fund Statue.
We picked such a great game.  The Red Sox won 6 to 4 and there were 3 home runs during the game.  We all had so much fun and it was truly a dream come true to be inside of Fenway!  After the game we rode the Trolley back to our hotel.  We went to Dinner and when we got back for the first time of the day I remembered that when I woke up the next morning I would be running 26.2 miles in The Boston Marathon!

I have a full re-cap of the race on my fast running blog but will also do a more reflective post on the event here soon.  One more Boston post, can you handle it? haha

Anything anyone reading wants to know about Boston or about my race?  I am happy to answer any questions you might have. 

7 comments:

  1. omggg. that pic of your mom in a batter's stance is way too cute. she is adorable! yay for fenway park!!!! what a perfect day :) serious jealousy that you were at a Red Sox game! and post about Boston all you want...i am loving the recaps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1986 was a pretty great year wasn't it?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a really great time in Boston and there is so much to see there!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Of course we can!

    I think it would be so cool to see a super competitive 5k like that. I can't even comprehend how people can move their bodies that quickly. Amazing!!!

    I'm a Yankees fan. Will you still be my friend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ahhh, I'm so jealous that you got to go to fenway! even though I'm a Braves fan, I've always wanted to go to fenway.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a special trip with your parents. You are a lucky girl.

    The Red Sox games looks like a blast! That is definitely a stadium I would love to visit someday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you guys got to go to a game. I love baseball games and I'm sure dad really enjoyed it. You all look so cute in your pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day! :)